Thursday, May 31, 2007

My first 6 weeks @ Google

Tomorrow I will have completed my first six weeks at Google and I have to say I love it. I work on a very interesting project that has nothing to do with JavaScript. The food is as good or better than I expected and I haven't grown tired of it yet. So far I have managed to avoid the Google 15, the (apparently) average number of pounds new employees gain because of the abundance of food. And I have reduced my coffee consumption significantly, which should work out for me well in the long run. Compared to Yahoo! which features staffed espresso bars I now have to make my own espresso drink and more often than not I pass on coffee altogether. And in the spirit of getting/staying healthy, I decided to pick up running again and try for another marathon but more on that in another post. Anyway, Google is pretty cool, so far I have no regrets leaving Yahoo! And, drinking Koolaid once an hour isn't really that bad ...

No comments: