Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Solar Rocks

A couple of months ago, Sonja and I purchased a photovoltaic solar system. Yesterday, after going through all the rebate approval processes, they system was installed and turned on for the first time. Was a lot of fun watching the old meter go backwards.



As part of the process we needed to upgrade the roof before we put the panels on top of it. Since it's been a tradition to make reasonably sized project somewhat bigger in the process, we also decided to re-roof. After having the old composition shingles torn off (that was outsourced), I started to re-roof the house.


That is hard work but thankfully, my friend Dan helped out. If it weren't for him, I'd still be working on the roof. It's not exactly difficult work but it's hard work physically, of which my back keeps reminding me.



But it's all good now. We are having the sun pay our electricity bill and (for the first time) I used the Google massage perk. Was very nice and my bacl already feels better.

No comments: