Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Working at Yahoo!

So, I am in my second week now, my laptop and my linux box are alomst configured how I really like it (thanks Dan for some config files) and I am getting ready to do stuff. First though I need to learn a little about PHP, javascript, firefox plugins and the stuff my group has done so far. Over the past 5 years I have mainly worked on the backend of indexing and query processing and not so much on front end issues. Here at Yahoo! I will have to, which is pretty exciting to me and a welcome change. Maybe, in the future you will get to see something on the Yahoo site that I did ... Am working on it.
Other than that I am trying to get an idea on who does what and how things generally work at Yahoo!. Since I am bad remebering names it's doubly hard for me. Don't worry, I will manage. ;-)

No comments: