Sunday, April 23, 2006

Our vacation so far ...

So here we are in Germany, ready for a relaxed time and it turns out that relaxing will be the last thing we will do for quite some time. Now, we weren't quite hoping for spectacular weather so we were fine with the rain but we weren't quite prepared for the nasty stomach virus that hit us after three days. To recap, instead of hanging out and enjoying my Mom's good food, we spent our time in bathrooms, doctor's offices, sleeping, vegetating and feeling miserable. On top of that we got my brother, his wife and their little son Frode (15 months) sick as well. Our little guy Jonas (13 months) took the worst hit, he had to spend two nights in the hospital due to dehydration. the whole things was not a pretty sight. Slowly though, we are getting back on our feet and the kids are starting to smile again. On top of that, my vacation will be over in two days when I have to head back to the U.S., Sonja and the boys will stay a little while longer. I just hope that the remainder of their vacation will feel like one. Big thanks to my parents who have been nurturing all of us through these very sucky last seven days. Although it wasn't quite the vacation one had hoped for, it was still great to see the family. I just need to figure out where to find the time to recover from this vacation ... ;-)

No comments: