Sunday, June 25, 2006

Romantic Dinner

Sonja and I had an anniversary of some sort last week and we went to a restaurant that was recommended to us, the Mt. Hamilton Grandview Restaurant. The picture was taken with my little cell phone while we were dining. The sunset was very nice, and it was very cool to see darkness overtake the valley and bring out all the lights. That's where the romance ended. Don't get me wrong, Sonja and I still had a good time and we were fine and enjoyed each other.


Image014.jpg
Originally uploaded by jmeyer.



The restaurant itself didn't really ooze romance, unless you are into 60's or 70's style dark brown wood paneling on the wall, flowery carpets and a somewhat dull interior decoration. The food was average, edible, not bad but not so good that I definitely want to come back. The views (especially around sunset) make up for a lot of shortcomings, just don't go there and expect romance to greet you at the door.

No comments: