Monday, March 20, 2006

Dodged a bullet ...

This morning, on my way to work I dodged a bullet, big time. Was going a slightly different way to work, didn't pay attention and did not see the 25mph sign. Neither did I see the cop aiming his laser gun at me. Sure enough, I was too fast. I slowed down looked on my speedometer and was still going 40mph. This can't be good I thought to myself. I guess the cops thought the same thing and sent a car after me. I got pulled over for speeding. As it turns out I was going twice the allowed speed ... But then miracle happened. The guy just wrote me warning. Don't know why exactly but I don't care. Maybe it had something to do with that I had nothing on my DMV record, that I am driving a stock Volkswagen Golf Diesel and that I am white. Who knows ... All that matters is that I didn't hurt anyone and that I did not get a ticket. But having a cop pull you over and sitting on the side of the road in your car while the cop is writing you up is just way too embarrassing. And I couldn't help thinking that the other people that saw me there were just thinking: "Thank goodness it isn't me ..." So the theme for today should be: Slow down, the 5 seconds you make up by speeding you will lose again at the next light. I should never own a Porsche ...

No comments: