Monday, November 28, 2005

And another one ...

True to the name of this blog, I have another Starbucks name story to tell. Same scenario: Bunch of work people and I have a bagel (actually two bagels today as it was a two-bagel-day) for lunch and then head over to the Starbucks to get a cup of coffee. Well, there is the few of us that order girly drinks like eggnog latte or peppermint mocha. The rest (including me of course) order manly drinks like pure coffee or Americanos. (Yes, I am that shallow ... ;-) and it's really irrelevant but always wanted to say this)
Anyway, my turn, I order my Americano and she asks for my name. I say it and she starts writing, and writing, and writing, strikes everyting through and keeps writing, then she gets stuck (like a deer in the headlights). She started out with -j- -u- -j- and did not get anywhere. So I spell my name for her ... twice. Guess what was written on my cup? -J- -U- -G- -R- -E- Truly amazing ...
Later in the afternoon, I go to Peet's and get another coffee (yeah, I know I spend way too much money on coffee). There I spell my name and she gets it right...

No comments: