Thursday, November 17, 2005

I quit my job ....

About a week ago I quit my job. After 7 years working for IBM Research and coming close to leaving about 6 months ago, I decided to move on. From previous posts in my blog you could probably tell that I wasn't 100% happy anymore with what I was doing and the direction my project was headed.
Starting December 12th, I will join Yahoo!. I am really fired up about doing something else in a new environment. I am sad about having to depart from some very cool people I have worked with and became good friends with. I am also thankful to many people within IBM Research who helped me get where I am today. They all know and they understand that I wish to do something else. Thanks Jan, Dan, Paul, Ron, Linda and Jim for still being supportive.
If I feel like it, I will post more on what made me quit. (An ex-coworker of mine described it pretty well, although I have never been worried about losing my job.) But for now, I am very excited about the new thing at Yahoo! and I am a little sad having to say Good Bye to Almaden.

No comments: