Thursday, July 13, 2006

Made the deadline ...

The past few nights I spent more time on my computer after work, trying to finish a paper about some cool indexing stuff with some of my former friends/coworkers from IBM. We made the deadline of July 12, 11:55pm PST. For a while we were debating what this means for our situation since we current have daylight savings (PDT) but we figured it out and submitted on time. It was kind of nice to work on some of the stuff again that I worked on for over 5 years at IBM. Hopefully, the paper gets in to the conference (ICDE 2007), held next year in Istanbul, Turkey. The only thing that sucks about writing a paper in your spare time is that it meant to work until midnight for a few nights in a row and I think I am getting too old for this. Man, I am tired. Especially, since my kids still get up around 6am and demand breakfast ... ;-)
But it was fun nonetheless. Thanks to Dan, Linda and Jeff, and our friends at Corona and Spaten breweries, as well as the Taste of China.

No comments: